HR & legal expertise to help you grow
With senior leadership experience, employment law expertise and a wide range of up to date resources, our aim is to guide and support you as the world of work changes rapidly.
Chunk of Devon
2020 has kept us busy with extensive ongoing advice to clients as the furlough scheme evolved and many organisations looked to restructure in the face of the pandemic.
Our outsourced HR and Employment Support Service is comprehensive, on-going support to assist you in dealing with employment related issues as they arise. Specifically, the service includes the following:
- 5 day a week, personal advisory cover via telephone or email to your personal advisor;
- Referral to an experienced lawyer for technical employment law issues;
- Preparation and review of documentation as required due to new legislation, changes in work activities, personnel, disciplinary issues, etc;
- Detailed and up to date employment contracts and employee handbooks are complimented by extensive resources around recruiting and selecting staff, managing sickness and all areas of the employment relationship;
- Updates on pending legislation, new developments etc specific to your organisation;
- ‘Pay as You Go’, no tie in on contract. You contract and pay on a monthly basis via direct debit;
- Proactive contact (email or telephone) where we will contact you on a periodic basis to ‘touch base’ and keep up to date with any issues arising at your organisation.
Most of our clients work on a long-term basis, many for over a decade. We really get to know you, build a relationship and make sure that the service is bespoke to you and gives you exactly what you need – especially so in the emergency conditions of the pandemic.
HR and Employment can contain some dangers for employers but, with common sense, clear thinking and the right systems in place, you will stay clear of trouble and focus on making your organisation more successful and developing your people.
Key to employment is having the skills and confidence to do the right thing (leadership) as well as doing things right (management). We can help here too; through the range of training courses we offer.
"This is somewhat overdue but can I say a huge huge thank you for all Trevor and Molly have done for us over these last 4/5 weeks. I know Paul has taken the lead on this, I’ve been overseeing behind the scenes and the up to date information you guys have given has been invaluable. Molly’s constant to the minute news has really helped in these difficult strange times. Literally a moving target!"
Andy Summers, MD at Land Rover Experience West Country
"Very professional at all times whilst giving sound "down to earth" advice & always respond quickly to all questions. Trevor & Molly provide the support that every company needs when dealing with HR issues. Thank you."
Karen Morris, Compliance Manager at M C Kelly Ltd
"Sharp, concise and commercial. Really valuable resources as back up to the ever intricate HR issues we all have to deal with."
Simon Bryon-Edmond, MD at Chunk of Devon